We warmly welcome progressive perpectives, and we value good writing.
Here are some guidelines to help you prepare a piece for us:
- Read about our mission.
- We publish op-eds, short essays that promote an argument. Generally we don't publish overviews of an issue.
- Get to your argument quickly. No long historical introductions, please.
- Write for a general, but well-informed audience. Minimize jargon, please.
- Avoid cliched titles or conclusions, such as "Bangladesh is at a crossroads."
- Avoid long paragraphs.
- Keep the essay between 700-1000 words.
- Put the essay in the body of the email (not as an attachment) and send to
We look forward to your contribution! We answer all submissions, and will get back to you as quickly as we can.